RPE ( Respiratory Protection Equipment)SCBA, SABA & Bottle watch SUNCOR & SYNCRUDE Approved
APR, RPE, SCBA, SABA & Bottlewatch included in a single course. This course is SUNCOR & SYNCRUDE approved and takes six hours. This course expires in two years.
Upon completion of this course, the trainee will be able to successfully:
- Select the appropriate APR/RPE for the job at hand
- Care for the appropriate APR/RPE
- Identify the purpose of the SCBA & SABA.
- Recognize the requirements workers must meet before wearing a SCBA & SABA.
- Recognize the inspection steps that must be completed to ensure operability of the SCBA & SABA prior to its use.
- Donning Procedure and Use.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Removal Procedure.
- Changing Cylinders.
- Changing Cylinders in a Toxic Environment (Licensed Operations Personnel only)
Identify the capabilities and limitations of the SCBA & SABA, including its assigned protection factor.
Demonstrate, through a practical exercise, the proper procedure for donning, use and removal of the SCBA & SABA.
Apply appropriate human error reduction tools.
This course consists of both classroom as well as practical field instruction.