NON OSSA Combination Fall Protection and Elevated Work Platform Training
This one-day combination course is designed for individuals who plan and supervise work at heights, or perform work at heights themselves. This course contains theoretical and practical components.
Attendees must bring PPE including hard hat, steel toe boots, and safety glasses for use during the practical portion.
Participants will learn:
- Legislative Standards
- Fall Hazards and Controls
- Administrative Controls (Fall Protection Planning and Rescue Planning)
- Engineering Controls (Fall Prevention & Containment Systems)
- Personal Protective Equipment (correct selection and use of PPE)
- Inspection and Maintenance of Fall Protection Systems and Components
- Donning & use of Fall Arrest Components.
- The physiological effects of being suspended in a fall arrest harness.
- Load Limitations and Calculations
- Machine Specific Features
- Personal Protective Equipment as it applies to Elevated Work Platforms
- Factors Affecting Stability
- Elevated Work Platform Types (operating & technical differences)
- Elevated Work Platform System Components
- Pre-use inspection
- Practical acitivities on Elevated Work Platform